Why Choose Us?
- Our Buddhist-inspired ethos supports well-being AND academic excellence. Mindfulness has scientifically proven benefits in education and crucially we teach it as an integrated, transformative practice rather than just an ‘add-on’.
- Our skilled staff team has the flexibility and creativity to respond to individual needs and interests. National standardised assessment (rather than SATs) ensures pupils reach necessary levels with a sense of confidence and well-being.
- Investing in an emotionally intelligent primary education is vital for developing life-long learning behaviours, and our school fees are among the most competitive in the independent sector.
- Our students go on to excel at secondary level, receiving scholarships to Brighton College and Brighton and Hove High School, and making a successful transition to state schools including Dorothy Stringer and Varndean.
- Community is at the heart of our school; we value collaboration, kindness and compassion (towards plants and animals as well as people). Our students make a positive contribution to their community and the world at large.
- We offer all the benefits of a Buddhist-inspired ethos, yet crucially we are not a faith school. We are open to families from all faiths and cultures.
- We are well located in north Brighton close to major transport routes including the A27 and A23, making for a manageable school run within a 20 mile radius.
- We have met all recommendations outlined in the ISI Inspection Report (2015), ensuring we offer an excellent all-round education. A Post ISI Progress Report in 2016 found ‘the children’s learning behaviours are excellent throughout’.